Managing Multiple Projects
Gain more control over your time, tasks,
Limited resources and priorities.
20 PDUs - Professional Development Units (PMI®)
Succeeding in today’s competitive marketplace often requires cycle time reduction - reducing the duration of projects and getting results faster. This workshop will address managing multiple projects within the context of program or product management. Planning and managing individual projects is challenging. When introducing the real-life limitation of resources and other outside influences into the multi-project environment, those challenges are magnified and new challenges are introduced.
(Previous Project Management knowledge is A MUST ,
PMI® framework is highly recommended).
This interactive Workshop will position you for immediate action. The goal of this course is to equip you with the necessary knowledge, skills and techniques so that you can effectively and productively manage multiple projects.
“Challenges and opportunities when working in multi project environment”. One day workshop , real life cases discussion, experience sharing .
- Portfolio, program and project management principles
- The multiple project environment
Developing the MP List
- Multi-project portfolio management
- Project selection
- Project categories and types
- The multi-project list
MP Log. Dependencies
- Project dependencies
- Types of multi-project portfolios
- Categories of logical dependencies
- Project priorities in the MP schedule
MP Resource Management
- Multi-project resource management
- Multi-project resource loading
- Resource pool and resource database
- MP resource issues and outsourcing
- Critical chain resource management
Managing MP Risk
- Multi-project risk management process
- Identifying, assessing and responding to multi-project risks
- Critical chain and multi-project risks
- Risk interrelationship management
Plan and Execute MP
- The multi-project plan
- Multi-project scheduling
- Multi-project budgeting
- Executing and maintaining the MP plan
- Controlling in the MP environment
- Effective communication in the MP environment
- Common communication barriers
- Multiple project communications plan
- Resolving multi-project conflicts
“Improving performance in multiple-project environment in Sudan”
Tools and Techniques
The workshop will introduce tools and techniques useful when working in multi project environment, among which:
- Requirements prioritization
- Kano model
- Critical-to-quality tree
- Prioritization matrix
- Opportunity matrix
- Balanced score cards
- Projects murdery board
- Six thinking hats
- Critical chain VS. critical path
- MS Project aided multiple projects management and shared resource pool
- Root cause analysis
- Change management tools and techniques
Phase II New
After Training Distance Monitoring
This phase will be as an after training distance monitoring sessions ,aiming to measure and asses how course affect the performance, that would be every Saturday for the next two month via Skype or mail with a maximum replay of two days after, in order to have practical application of what have been learned during the course & to add more value for the implementation of course content in the real life.
A previous working and knowledge of project Management is a must, as well as some experience in managing projects.
- Interactive workshops (pre & post) associated with in advance preparation of specific situations about challenges and opportunities when working in multi project environment.
- Class lectures.
- Group Assignments and Discussion.
- Manage stakeholder relationships and expectations
- Prioritize and sequence multiple projects
- Manage time and stress within a multi-project environment
- Effectively navigate the multi-project environment
- Use appropriate methods to plan and control multiple projects
- Apply scheduling and estimating techniques
- Maintain a dynamic multi-project schedule
Who should attend this course
You should attend this workshop if you:
Manage a single project that is affected by other projects within your organization:
- Participate in or lead resource assignment decisions across multiple projects,
- Support portfolio management decision-making processes for the selection and prioritization of projects or manage multiple projects at your Company.
- PMP, Pg MP, PMI-RMP, PMI-SP certified candidates who wish to earn 20 PDUs for recertification.
- All participants will receive a classroom presentation material.
- Credential roadmap explains the requirements, process, all steps needed and what SCEES can provide to you.
- Refreshments will be provided during the course.